Fresh Veggies

Fresh Veggies
great produce=Great eating

Monday, March 19, 2012

The green sides are done as is the Apple and Blackberry Cobbler

cornbread for the "3 alarm" vegetable chili

sauteed kale with garlic and thyme

spicy broccoli saute with red peppers & chili flakes

collard greens with sesame seeds and tomatoes

Noodle pudding with extra sour cream mix topping ready for baking

Vegetable rice pancakes for the Sweet potato and greens with black eyed peas

Blackberry & Apple Cobbler

the other more apple than blackberry cobbler
March 18th 2012

all the deliveries are done and I have just had a late lunch..& I wanted to mention one of the the desserts..the cobbler..this is a fantastic dish and comprised of a buttermilk (biscuit/scone) mix on the bottom of the dish and the cooked fruit filling added on top then the whole thing is baked in a 375f oven.

The whole thing is light, airy and very very moist

I think is it my new Fave dessert and can be made with whatever fruit you can get your  hands on, I used fresh local apples and blackberries I froze from last year.

With the cobbler scone mix I have found it is better if the mixture is wetter rather than firm...you could not roll out this mix...but it would be perfect for fruited rock buns as it can be dropped from spoonfuls.

I adapted the recipe and used buttermilk instead of plain rice milk., and soy free margarine in place of butter,it contains no eggs so it can be made Vegan using just rice milk.

I found a great book "rustic fruit desserts" by Cory Schreiber and Julie Richardson, on Amazon...fantastic ideas and great recipes..cobblers, crumbles, buckles, pandowdies & more..Highly recommend this book...helps if you understand baking and can follow a recipe..sorry Fred..lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment