Fresh Veggies

Fresh Veggies
great produce=Great eating

Saturday, March 24, 2012

March 24th. planning for Monday's menu








The weather is very nice and mild right now ( mid 70's) but that is about to change as we have another big Pacific storm headed our way, due to hit tomorrow and Monday...bringing rain and snow at higher elevations!
So today I did most of my shopping for Monday's Menu..I am making  2 roasted vegetable salads, one with bell peppers, zucchini, eggplant and mushrooms with black lentils in a lemon dressing and romaine hearts; the other with garnet yams in a a fresh ginger and cilantro dressing with roasted unsalted cashews and arrugala ( I never know how to spell this correctly).
Also :
a pasta mix with (brown rice) gluten free pasta, sauteed butternut squash, red potatoes, fresh green beans and own made pesto.
and a sweet potato succotash stew with corn and Lima beans.

I have got my sour dough starter out and feeding today and tomorrow as I am preparing some banana/flaxseed/walnut waffles tomorrow night.

The desserts are oatmeal white chocolate and dried cherry cookies and Spiced honey cake

I will post Pictures of dishes and more info later tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment