Fresh Veggies

Fresh Veggies
great produce=Great eating

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Chocolate & banana bar cookies aka "Death By GOOD STUFF"



The green is the top of my kitchen table, reflected through the glass dish



I remember as a child when my mother baked I got to play with the leftover pastry and make jam tarts.
This is something that came about by using up leftovers, well sort of.
I made more pies today and had some pastry leftover (the only place you will find the recipe for this brilliant short and buttery pastry is in my 3rd book "TRIM YOUR WASTE" on www.amazon.com JUST $5).

I greased a 9 x 13 inch oven proof dish, then add a layer of this pastry and baked it "blind" in 350F oven for 15 mins.

I then cooked 6 very ripe bananas in apple juice, butter and brown sugar, cooled it a bit and poured this over the pastry base.
Topped this with 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips.
Topped this with a chocolate sponge cake batter, with extra milk so it was very runny.
Sprinkled this with dark chocolate chips and baked for 30 mins at 350F, then removed and cooled for 10 mins then baked again at 350F for 15mins.

Remove from oven and cool in pan on wire rack, and cut while warm.

This is fantastic!!!

A  TRUE  "necessity IS the mother of invention" and maybe just about the creation of one of the best accidental recipes in cookies!

It is so very goooey and not too sweet and very chocolately.
If anyone asks it is also high in Vit C, antioxidants and potassium too, so you could say it IS healthy!


No comments:

Post a Comment