Fresh Veggies

Fresh Veggies
great produce=Great eating

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

LENTIL & TOMATO SOUP; PASTA PRIMAVERA WITH A TWIST OR 2; YAM AND RED ONION SAUCE FOR GNOCCHI; TWICE BAKED POTATOES WITH YAMS AND CHEESE; SOME OF THE PHOTOS OF PREP FOR AN "ALMOST" FALL MENU




Above and below the sauce with yams and red onion


The base for the Primavera, I have "tweeked" the recipe and have used artichokes, peppers, garlic and onions...as I run a custom catering service a lot of my dishes feed several clients and all eat different things, so I begin with a good base sauce and then add different vegetables per client wishes

Lentil and tomato soup made with fresh tomatoes

Pasta Primavera without greens

Pasta Primavera with greens

Twice baked potatoes with yams and cheese

Garlic mushrooms with onion and parsley, salt free and cooked in olive oil and lemon juice, will be served with toasted pita breads

Pasta Primavera with greens and walnuts


Great, cooler daytime temps of almost mid 80f's are making it almost feel like Fall in Southern California and such a break from the triple digits of past few weeks.
Now I have lots of Sweet Bell peppers and tomatoes in the garden, plus all my own aromatic herbs, so I can  go out to the garden and pick my vegetables, as I need them, for sauces and dishes; one of the benefits of own organic gardening.

Have a great weekend, Here in America it is Labor Day weekend celebrating the end of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment