Fresh Veggies

Fresh Veggies
great produce=Great eating

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

A drive from West Hollywood to Silverlake, yesterday record breaking temps..all photos of my adopted hometown

Taking Fountain Ave., from West Hollywood is a great way to travel to the east side, without all the traffic.

The houses/apts. date from the turn of the 20th century to modern ones of the 21st century

Here is an authentic 1920-30's apt block. Most of the apts are small and the kitchens are tiny, as when the Movie Studios were BIG, it was expected that the actors and extras ate all their meals on the Studio Lots

One of the original, and oldest movie Studios, Hollywood, CA




Original store and apt frontage, Silverlake, CA

looking towards downtown LA from Sunset Blvd., Silverlake, CA.

The VISTA, authentic and still thriving, 1920-30's movie theater Silverlake CA

Driving down a dogwood blossomed avenue towards Paramount Studio, Hollywood, CA

This was the city offices of Mr David Hockney..artist


Here are just some of the places that I see on my bi-weekly drives to deliver my GOOD LIFE dishes, I love LA for all it's old Hollywood buildings, that hark back to the old days of movie production.
 I will post more photos in the coming weeks of my delivery runs.
Right now we are in the middle of a record breaking heatwave with daytime temps almost in the 90f's..unheard of for Feb.!
This is supposed to last for another week when we have been told to expect warm rain showers coming up from Mexico, great! I just love the humidity...hahahaa

 

No comments:

Post a Comment