Fresh Veggies

Fresh Veggies
great produce=Great eating

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Organic Blue Corn Meal..a sacred food..Photos UP

Blue Corn is sacred to the Native Americans and is used as a form of protection and rep. The Great Spirit in  ceremonies...it is a sweeter tasting corn and is used in their native breads and in corn mush..used for hard tack bread for long journeys.
It's power lies in the fact that it is blue ..the same color as the heart of the Thunderbird.
It is it's natural color, not a hybrid.
This next Monday I am making organic blue corn bread with either fresh jalapeno peppers or tempeh bakon ( my clients will order their choices)..I will post photos next week.
I believe that Blue Corn is still grown in small batches and not commercially produced ( not sure of this but I know I don't ever see the blue corn kernels much in the stores).


Corn, peppers,squashes and beans are the canvases that most of Native American meals were/are based on...along with any game or fish.




the corn meal batter made with eggs and rice milk

baked cornbread with tempeh bakon

with fresh jalapeno peppers and tempeh bakon

Because this corn bread is fat free I am sending it with maple-agave butter to spread..yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment