Fresh Veggies

Fresh Veggies
great produce=Great eating

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Bruschetta with own made bread, polenta triangles with a la Norma sauce, Roast mushrooms with vegetable pesto, Baked eggplant & artichoke bakes, lentil soup with greens ..re-worked Italian

On Monday the menu is going to be a Full Italian one, but as a lot of my clients are watching their weight I am going to be adding more vegetables and less cheese and oil to their dishes of choice..not affecting the flavor but adding more body and nutrients.
Below are photos of the vegetables and fruits air drying, after being plunged in cold fresh water



Mexican White squash, mini globe squash, Russet potatoes, Fuji apples

Button mushrooms


Fresh limes and  plum tomatoes

Carrots, nectarines and eggplants

Collard, Mustard greens and parsnips


Green onions (scallions) & parsnips


  In preparation for this menu I am making my "world famous 1 gallon of tomato-vegetable pasta sauce" ( I have shared this with over 4000  blog/web users readers)..it is on the January blog.

The menu:

Basil &  tomato bruschetta with own made bread sour dough breads

Eggplant and pesto vegetable rolls..to be baked at clients home

Soups:
Lentil with greens & lime juice

Tomato-basil


Entrees:

Vegan (no cheese) Polenta triangles with either of the following:
a la Norma ..eggplant-tomato sauce
Pecan & mint pesto with stir steamed vegetables

A roasted mushroom & vegetables with rice and potato wedges

Eggplant, white squash & artichoke bake with cheese

Steamed greens with mini squash

Oatmeal cookies with lime and pine nuts

Whole wheat fennel breads with crushed spicy green olives
  





All these dishes will have at least 3 daily portions of vegetables in them...low cheese and in it's place ground nuts and seeds with a little real grated Parmesan, fresh herbs from my garden; and some dishes with have mini tomatoes from my garden.
Previous 4 photos are part of my garden right now.

I will post more tomorrow as I prepare my Italian-Californian Feast, John Nigel





No comments:

Post a Comment