Fresh Veggies

Fresh Veggies
great produce=Great eating

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Celery & walnut soup, Veggie and corn chowder, paella base, Jambalaya base prepped, enchilada sauce & filling made, apricot & almond cookies out of oven, Brownies about to come out and bread is just out of oven..photos of full menu

It is a wonderful day in West LA...the sun is shining and it is getting  warmer, we have had a very cool July and now it is thankfully warming up.

Today I am busy prepping for my deliveries tomorrow and I am featuring photos of my prep today...some of the peppers and eggplants in these dishes were still growing in my garden today..how's that for fresh?

I am preparing most of the entree bases, so the flavors can increase (SLAKE) overnight, then  to morrow I will just combine with rice or tortillas and they will be cooked again at my client's homes.

here is my progress so far, I am waiting for the brownies to come out and the wholewheat sourdough to go in:

Almond milk, creamed celery and walnut soup will be finished with blue cheese at client's home



These 2 the fava bean soup with fresh mint






The vegetable and corn chowder




The French style lentil pate..made with red wine, vegetables and herbs

The red, white and purple potatoes baked for the potato skins with chickpea salad tomorrow will deep fry




The vegetable mix for the Jambalaya


Own  grown eggplants and Peppers

Fresh corn soaking in water overnight

The non-spicy filling for the enchiladas

Fresh nectarines. apples and strawberries for the fruit crumble

The base for the cashew Paella..own grown peppers and fresh corn

The base for the apricot-almond cookies with dried apricots and peaches

Blue corn meal and whole wheat sour dough caraway breads 4 hour prove



The apricot-almond bar cookies cooling











The breads before going into the steam filled 425F oven

These are  the BEST Vegan.(no eggs) brownies on the planet..very moist, dense and wonderful, one is a special order as a gift to a 'chocoholic" and I have to remind them that these are very high in fiber




The breads are out:





No comments:

Post a Comment