Fresh Veggies

Fresh Veggies
great produce=Great eating

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Crispy potato skins & chickpea salad, Lentil pate with crostini, Cashew paella, Spicy Jambalaya, Mild vegetable-cheese enchiladas, Vegan brownies, Nectarine and Strawberry Fruit crumble and apricot cookies Monday's menu




The menu for Monday is another Global selection, including a very old English soup..celery with walnuts and finished with blue cheese; The Appetizers are American and French in origin and the entrees hail from Spain, USA & Mexico-Italy (as I am making a Mexican dish around food allergies to chilli's)
The desserts are American-Dutch-British..so enjoy:


Today I am just back from market, I have my produce washed and air drying and my corn is submerged in water in a cooler outside.

My nectarines are sharing a tray with the tomatoes and bananas to ensure ripening, and my sour dough starter has just been fed (I am making caraway breads  tomorrow)

The menu for Monday:

Appetizers:

Crispy "Patriotic" Potato Skins (I am using purple, red and white potatoes) with a chickpea-tomato salad

French style lentil pate..baked in oven and does contain eggs, garlic, red wine and fresh herbs form garden with crostini to be toasted at client's home.

The soups are:
A vegetable fresh corn, chowder, made with  almond and rice milk

The celery, walnut and blue cheese soup

Fava bean and fresh mint soup


The entrees:
Cashew paella..with garlic mayonnaise, with corn, peppers, olives, rice, smoked paprika makes it taste like it was made over a campfire.

SPICY Vegetable Jambalaya..with broccoli, peppers and rice

(No spicy) Vegetable & Cheese enchilada...using corn tortillas in a tomato sauce with cilantro and oregano. The filling is potatoes, corn, butternut squash and carrots with Cheddar and Jack cheeses. This will be baked at client's home..client cannot digest hot peppers

The side dish is curly kale with tempeh bakon..smokey and delicious

The desserts:
Apricot bar cookies ( recipe is on my website)


Fresh fruit ( Nectarine & Strawberry) whole wheat crumble..sort of a shortbread crumb topping


Vegan brownies (no eggs)..these are the best I have ever had, far better than any reg. brownie..very moist and very addictive..but pretty high in fiber.

The bread is sourdough whole wheat caraway seed..I will post photos of the prep. tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment