Fresh Veggies

Fresh Veggies
great produce=Great eating

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Falafalatkes..new creations plus Miso soup, tomato basil soup, Roasted red pepper and couscous salad; tomato, mushroom and bulgur wheat salad; sage and onion stuffing; Brussels sprouts with almonds; Falafalatkes with mint and tahini sauce; Cookies ..Photos




Happy Hanukkah to all my Jewish readers, and welcome to today's breaking all the rules menu prep for tomorrow's deliveries.

As most of you know I am a classically trained chef de cuisine and have cooked meats and vegetables all through my 40yr career..
I began Good Life when I was cooking for some vegetarian friends and began offering my client's good Vegetarian-Vegan dishes (the main reason is that I didn't 'trust" them with meat products in warm months to keep longer than 3 days in their fridges as I cook low salt and low preservatives).
Now most of my client's are "up to speed" with this and I have  bowed to pressure from them to add my "Rock Star" roasted chicken every Thursday, but only during any cold spells (which is quite rare here in SoCal.).
So for tomorrow I have 4 organic chickens marinating in smoked paprika, fresh thyme and grape seed oil in my fridge. Tomorrow I will roast them and they will be served with baked sage and onion stuffing and gravy.
The name "Rock Star" Chicken came from one of my Rock and Roll Royalty clients, a few years ago, who told me he couldn't wait for his concert to finish at the Houston Astrodome  so he could fly home to one of my roast chicken dinners!

The rest of the menu is completely Vegetarian-Vegan plus a special creation for the first night of Hanukkah..falafalatkes....traditional latkes but also including own grown beansprouts, cumin and chopped cilantro served with a tahini-garlic-mint lemon juice dressing..

A bit of everything today..I won't post photos of the chicken on the blog, but just so you know, there are plenty of dishes going out tomorrow..some of the latkes are going out tonight.


Low sodium Miso with asparagus, sea vegetables and sprouts



Tomato-basil soups


sauteing in butter, the onions and celery for the stuffing

The wholewheat bread crumbs, smoked paprika and veggies for the stuffing..sauteing, then add hot vegetable stock and cook slowly to evaporate

The stuffing mix with sage for baking
Grated starchy potatoes, processed beans sprouts, onions, salt & pepper..draining to remove as much water as possible (30 mins minimum)





These 3 frying the falafalatkes..draining on wire racks makes them remain crispy





mashed potatoes with scallions

Mint-lemon-tahini sauce for the Falafalatkes


Tomato-mushroom Bulgur warm salad

Roasted peppers, caper, couscous warm salad


More photos to follow tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment